while testing yet another ex2k7 implantation , i’ve encountered an error while trying to export mailboxs to pst with the Export-mailbox cmdlet.
I’ve verified full mailbox access permissions and 2007 32bit tools on xp sp2 with outlook 2007.
yet, still failed with the following error:
Export-Mailbox : Error was found for user01 (email@example.com)
because: Error occurred in the step: Approving object. An unknown error has occurred., error code: -2147221241
With some filtering of search results i’ve find a suggestion to run the cmd fixmapi in cmd.. if your not femiliar with this utility (like i was) , this util exists in your %systemroot%\system32 , along with the mapi32.dll files .. besides that 3 notes for you:
- FixMAPI does not replace the current mapi32.dll file if the file is marked as read-only.
- FixMAPI does not replace the current mapi32.dll if Microsoft Exchange Server is installed on the computer.
- When FixMAPI makes a backup copy of the current copy of mapi32.dll on the computer, it assigns the backup copy a name different from “mapi32.dll”. It then directs subsequent calls intended for that assembly to the backup copy.
oh yea, closeing all applications and running fixmapi in cmd , just like that fixed the issue.
Incoming search terms:
- Error occurred in the step: Approving object An unknown error has occurred error code: -2147221233
- error approving object exchange 2007