I’ve noticed this error several times now and decided to write about it.
After migrating to a new Exchange server (2010 obviously) I’ve noticed that the new server constantly throws this strange error:
Process w3wp.exe () (PID=4380). Object [CN=Default Offline Address Book,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Corporation,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Corp,DC=com]. Property [PublicFolderDatabase] is set to value [Corp.com/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Public Folder Store (OldExchServer)
DEL:d6dd7f20-1f7b-42ff-af24-1a9dd8f10f7f], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.
Also, when running ‘Get-OfflineAddressBook | fl’ I got the ‘PublicFolderDatabase’cparametere set to the same deleted object.
I’ve seen a few blog posts pointing to the following Microsoft KB:
But that didn’t solve the problem.
Continuing reading and searching on the web I found the solution.
Fire up ADSIEDIT and go to the CN=Configuration, CN=Services,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Corporation,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Offline Address and view the properties of CN=Default Offline Address Book.
Set the siteFolderServer property to
Go to your OAB configuration (EMC -> Org config -> Mailbox -> OAB) and remove the check mark ‘outlook 98’ (both of them) and also ‘Enable Public Folder distribution’ – Make sure that Web distribution is enabled before making those changes.
Update the OAB.
After the process is done, open the OAB configuration, re-check those check marks again and run the update again.
Now the OAB should point to the correct PublicDB on the new server.