Being a ConfigMgr Open Beta Participant, I’ve just received an email about the release of Service Pack 1 beta:
The System Center Configuration Manager team is pleased to announce the release of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta! This build is now available for download on the Microsoft Download Center.
But that’s not all!
Microsoft have also released a Service Pack for all other System Center products – SCOM, App controller, SCDPM and others.
Among the new features of SCCM Service Pack 1 you can find:
- Full support for Windows 8 and Server 2012 – You can manage it, deploy to it and even deploy it
- Automation of administrative tasks through PowerShell support
- You can now install SCCM client on MAC Computers, Unix and Linux
- Email notification for all features – not just Endpoint Protection
- Manage policies for new Windows 8 client-side caching, roaming user profiles, and folder redirection features
This is only Beta version – you should not install it on your production environment.
Also, you cannot upgrade your old test environment – if you have a lab with ConfigMgr 2012 or 2007 you will have to create a new machine and do a fresh installation of the Beta version.