Few hours ago Microsoft have released a new Management Pack for SCOM 2012 to monitor Exchange 2013 deployments. You can download the MP from here.
I haven’t deployed the MP myself, but from what I read on the official Microsoft blogs here’s whats new in the MP:
- There is no more Correlation Engine installed on the RMS. Exchange now monitors it self with its own set of rules and thresholds. Every error/alert captured by the Exchange is then reported to the Operations Manager agent using the Event Viewer – an event is registered in the ‘Microsoft-Exchange-ManagedAvailability/Monitoring’ and the Operations Manager agent simply monitors that Event log.
- There is no Performance monitoring. You can still configure the Operations Manager Agent to collect performance counters from the Exchange servers.
- There is no more reporting. You can create reports as need. I’m sure that with time we’ll see reports available online to download and import.
- There is auto healing – Not only Exchange monitors it self, it can also run repair tasks. On one hand its a good feature because it means less alerts on SCOM console and less midnight wake ups for you. On the other hand, personally I prefer to deal with issues by my self!
Go to this link to get the Exchange 2013 Management Pack guide.
Incoming search terms:
- scom exchange 2013 management pack
- 2012 SCOM Exchange 2013 MP thresholds
- exchange 2013 scom